Hi! I’m Renee. Welcome to Joyfully Designed.
I’m so glad you’re here. If this is your first time visiting, take a few minutes and look around. You’ll find posts with:
* Practical solutions to help you live those important roles and priorities and bring them back to the front of your life.
* Encouragement and inspiration to help you to lean into your own soul work and live with simplicity and creativity.
* Ideas on how you can improve the quality of your life from your mindset to meal planning and creating a beautiful and organized home.
WHY JOYFULLY DESIGNED?
We are all designed to have a life of purpose, growth, beauty, and joy.
That doesn’t mean life is easy or that we’re happy 24/7, but it does mean that with focus, preparation, effort, sacrifice at times, and trusting Divine guidance, we can live with purpose. We can have a rewarding career and enjoy the home we live in. We can feel peace even in chaos.
Every single one of us will inevitably come to crossroads where we have to ask ourselves, “Are we committed to doing the hard work in shaping the life God wants for us or are we headed toward a permanent pit stop along the road of mediocrity?”
I reached one of those turning points last year. As I looked down the corridor of my life, I realized that it was time to start getting in touch with my own heart and voice and to use that more effectively in my parenting, in my efforts toward greater personal care, and to stretch myself to greater heights.
It was time to re-adjust the sails and move away from the safe harbor, and it was time to start sharing that journey with others, so at the end of 2017, I decided to start this blog (after 10+ years of keeping a hobby blog) in order to focus on those areas that needed (and still need) strengthening: Relationships, spirituality, personal growth, and wellness, and through that process of sharing to help others as well. That is how Joyfully Designed began.
My hope is that you’ll find this site helpful and relevant in your life journey and that you’ll come back and visit again.
THE AIM AND GOAL:
Joyfully Designed was created to encourage, inspire, and support women and mothers in choosing and shaping a joyfully designed life and home through helpful tips, practical solutions, valuable ideas, and uplifting stories.
CATEGORIES YOU’LL FIND:
- With others, especially your family
- With yourself, toward greater personal care and awareness
- With God, seeking inspiration and guidance
- Beauty and function of your home
- Organization of your physical possessions
- Maintaining and improving your belongings
- Learning and application
- Focus, productivity, and habits
- Attitudes and mindsets
- Overall health and wellness
- Family life and activities
- Musings and observations
- Greater quality of life through simplification
- Tasty recipes and meal ideas
- Blogging Resources
- Favorite Products
- Helpful courses and materials
This is a community for those of us:
- Who flounder but strive to flourish. Flourishing involves living a principled life while focusing on quality of life and relationships.
- Who occasionally get sidetracked by our limiting beliefs, fears, and unhealthy habits but aim to nourish mind, body, and heart to affect positive change.
- Who seek simplicity and beauty.
- Who choose everyday joy as we take care of ourselves, our families, and our homes in real life with real challenges all while trying to live up to our potential.
I’m not on social media a lot, which is partly intentional, but also because I have 5 young children and spend my time working, writing, hanging out with the hubster, tackling projects, and having dance parties in my kitchen, but I’d love for you to follow me here:
Instagram, Facebook, and Pintrest: @joyfullydesigned
You can also reach me through email at: email@example.com
Renee is the creator behind Joyfully Designed. She has lived most of her life in the Western United States from Nevada up to Oregon and now calls Northern Utah home. She graduated with degrees in Communications and Linguistics and currently works as a part-time medical records editor, blogger, and alongside her husband of 16 years, strives to raise their 5 beautiful children.